The spirit of Thanksgiving is one of gratitude, and SouthStar Communities has so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Nothing is more important than the health and happiness of all we hold dear, and for that we give thanks.
SouthStar Communities is also thankful this year for:
- Strong sales in each of our communities in Dallas-Fort Worth, the Texas Hill Country, and Bryan-College Station
- Important recognition and milestones for our Texas master-planned communities
- Positive economic growth and migration patterns throughout Texas
- Great consumer confidence that has allowed Texas land buyers the freedom to make their dreams come true
- Valued partnerships that allow us to give back to American heroes who protect this country
We are thankful this Thanksgiving for strong sales.
Vintage Oaks in New Braunfels has had a record year, with more than 100 homesite sales recorded through Oct. 31, 2013. Vintage Oaks was also named “The fastest growing community in the Hill Country,” by Metrostudy. In addition, New Braunfels was named the top-performing rebound market in the U.S. according to Homes.com.
Lake Ridge continues to reap the rewards of being DFW's premier lake community, with five homes currently under construction and recent sales, including two this month in The Summit neighborhood, that have prompted new property releases. Additionally, Dallas continues to be recognized as one of the most thriving cities in the nation, most recently ranking sixth on Realtor.com's list of top “Turnaround Towns."
King Oaks continues its reign as Bryan-College Station’s premier master-planned community, with strong activity in the community. King Oaks also continues to reap the rewards of Houston’s hot real estate market. Climbing home sales and 29 straight months of positive real estate activity in Houston are giving homeowners the opportunity to sell their residence and purchase land and build a custom home at King Oaks.
New Homesite Offerings
Vintage Oaks opened Silver Oaks and Champagne Hills this year, and has recently introduced two additional neighborhoods to keep up with the pace of sales in the community:
- Vineyard Ranch will offer larger lots from five to 14 acres for custom homes
- The Reserve offers homesites and ready-made home design for a quick move-in
Thanks to consistent sales success at The Summit at Lake Ridge, the neighborhood is closing out the final homesites. This exclusive neighborhood offers 30-mile views, towering trees, and the highly rated Midlothian School District. New lake view sites from $39,900 and one-half to one-acre properties in The Sanctuary, a gated neighborhood offering some of the most desirable lake real estate in North Texas, have been made available land buyers in search of prime Texas lake property.
King Oaks released new homesites including stunning two-acre view properties from $69,900 to meet consistent homebuyer demand. In addition, the community closed out its desirable Phase One neighborhood with prices from just $39,900. The Phase One properties are walking distance from a new Amenity Center under construction that will feature a swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, walking trails, and, in the future, tennis courts.
Home To Heroes
SouthStar Communities is eternally grateful for the commitment of our American heroes, who we are proud to welcome to SouthStar Communities. We are also grateful for our continuing partnership with Operation FINALLY HOME (OFH) to build mortgage-free homes for wounded heroes in SouthStar master-planned communities throughout Texas. SouthStar has partnered with OFH on 10 homes, including three that are currently being built:
- Army Specialist Cody Nusbaum, who suffered life-threatening injuries while serving a tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2011 is the recipient of a mortgage-free custom home being built at Vintage Oaks. The home is being built in partnership with OFH, the Structural Building Components Association (SBCA), National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) Building Systems Councils (BSC), and the members of the New Braunfels Home Builders Association.
- Marine Sgt. Ken Kalish was severely injured resulting in the amputation of three limbs during his second tour of duty. He will soon be a resident of Lake Ridge, the recipient of a mortgage-free home at this SouthStar community being built in partnership with OFH, the Former NFL Players Association, the Dallas Builders Association, and Victory Custom Homes.
- Progress continues on the mortgage-free King Oaks home being built at King Oaks for American hero Sgt. Monte Bernardo in partnership with OFH and the Home Builders Association. Sgt. Bernardo was critically injured during his second tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2012 and will call King Oaks home.
This has been a wonderful, successful and fulfilling year for SouthStar Communities, and we are so grateful simply for the ability to continue doing what we so love to do. We thank our landowners, our residents and future residents, and our partners, and send our heartfelt wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all.