Texans are gearing up for another hot summer this year. Conserving water is something that every Texan should understand how to do effectively during the summer months to keep bills low while staying environmentally friendly. SouthStar Communities has compiled a few simple tips for you and your family on how to conserve water this summer.
- Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. The bill and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.
- When you are washing the dishes by hand don’t let the water keep running.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly.
- Shorten your shower by a minute or two, and you will save almost 150 gallons per month.
- Soak your pots and pans after use instead of letting the water run while you clean them.
- Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth, and you will save 25 gallons a month.
- Wash your car on the lawn; you’ll water your lawn at the same time.
- Water your plants only when necessary. Many plants die from over-watering than from under-watering.
We challenge you and your family to implement these easy ideas for conserving water this summer. It may not feel like it, but by practicing these tips, you are making a bigger difference for your community and the planet! Join us in conserving water this season and making Texas proud!