Adding just a few small details to your decorating strategy will help give your new home that personal touch. These six simple steps will teach you how to make the most of your space, rejuvenate tired furnishings and create visually pleasing illusions with rich colors and textures.
1. Create a focal point for each room. Painting walls with eye-catching colors or mixing vintage, one-of-a-kind finds with contemporary pieces will streamline an area and create a cohesive space.
2. Get creative with unconventional art. Old postcards found at local antique stores or from your travels can make impressive, beautiful and inexpensive artwork when framed.
3. Create an optical illusion. Large mirrors will give any small room a spacious and bright feel. Additionally, placing greenery in a position where it can be reflected by your mirror will give the room an even more uplifting feel.
4. Accessories make the room. Accessories can turn an ordinarily neutral-toned room into a vibrant haven. Soft-toned walls can complement a daring mix of color and pattern.
5. Be open to different color possibilities. Some color combos look much better than they sound -- if applied with a clever touch, so don't be afraid to take risks to refresh with color.
6. Use patterns and texture. Transform a modest little bathroom with a splash of colorful wallpaper, a casual mix of textiles and a funky mirror.
Looking to build and decorate your own home? These creative, personal touches can enhance your decor without costing an arm and a leg. Southstar Communities can accommodate a variety of decorative themes that let you integrate both form and function specific to your taste.