Halloween is this weekend, and parents and Trick-or-Treaters need to be aware of safety precautions before they hit the neighborhood streets for some fun. To help you prepare, here are some safety tips to help you and your kids stay safe this Hallow's Eve.
1. Keep an eye on your children at all times. Sometimes different children may be in the same costumes, so make sure you know where your child is at all times.
2. If your children are old enough, make sure they have a cell phone available to use and take with them in case they get separated from the rest of the group. You can also program important contact numbers to the phone before you go.
3. Avoid homes that are not well lit.
4. Go through your child’s candy when they get home and throw out anything that looks questionable.
5. Never let children go Trick-or-Treating alone, and encourage them to take a flashlight so that others can see them in the dark
This Halloween, enjoy yourself and use your best judgement when it comes to keeping yourself and your family safe. Happy Trick-or-Treating!